I always appreciate these photosets- they’re like, idk, Now That’s What I Call Tumblr or something
I had to restrain myself from hitting the reblog button several times over
OMG THE LAST ONE I JUST CAN’T
Thing is that I always read my friend’s posts on tumblr. Never is it weak, I’d rather keep tabs on them than not knowing what is going wrong with them at all. Speak it out, my friends!
This hits way way way too close to home as in this is home for me this comic is me.
Q:At the next con the two of you are both at, you should hug tumblr user alightinspace because he is very unsure of himself as a cosplayer and looks up to you a lot yeah
Can do, I’m just not sure I know who he is o.o;; if I’m around and you notice me, point him out to me so I can be sure to do so!
Q:hi! on your jake ask-blog thing, you mentioned having a couple of favorite bands, are they really your favorite bands or is it all in character?
A lot of that is actually me, but a good amount of it is just being Jake! My favorite bands are:
1. The Police. Sting’s voice and songwriting talent, Stewart’s mind-boggling percussion finesse, and Andy’s unique guitar treatments are things I always gravitate back to when writing my own stuff!
2. Genesis, especially Gabriel-era. Peter’s smoky voice on top of Rutherford and Hackett’s strange chordal and soloing techniques, Banks’ fantastic synth melodies, and some of the best drumming Phil Collins has ever done! The Platinum Collection was my favorite album when I was 17.
3. Queen. Some of the greatest musicians and performers of all time, and such a wide variety of genres in their discography. Mercury is still one of my frontman idols.
4. U2. Their music has spoken to me my entire life, and continues to as I get older. I was hooked after I saw a recording of their performance of “Bad” from the 1985 Live Aid concert.
5. Led Zeppelin. Have I mentioned that Robert Plant has been a direct influence on my personality since I saw videos of him singing Trampled Underfoot at Earl’s Court? He’s probably the reason I started wearing skin-tight pants and open shirts, and there are pictures where I have long blonde hair that I feel like are trying to channel him ^///^
6. Maroon 5. I think they’re The Police of this generation, and holy crap are they doing a good job of it. I saw a video of “She Will Be Loved” late one night and then did my research. Nice to have a band these days being very sexually open with their lyrics; Maroon 5 wants to bang you, and they will let you know it ;)
7. Coldplay. Similarly, they’re like the U2 of this generation; smart, thoughtful lyrics with equally intelligent music coming from good-natured people. “Viva La Vida” turned me on to them, and I worked my way through their catalog from there with “A Rush Of Blood To The Head” being the last album I came to love thoroughly.
8. Pendulum. I had heard “Hold Your Colours” in an AMV, but it was stuff like “Granite” and “Witchcraft” that really locked me in. Their music changed my ideas of what you could do as a band, an electronic rock group able to perform these drum-and-bass tracks live. Also, Knife Party is probably my most-listened to artist on my new mp3 player right now xD
9. The Prodigy. Heard them when I was about 14, went out and bought their Fat of the Land album immediately afterward. My first real introduction to electronic music, and I own most all of their stuff now ^.^
10. Gorillaz. I really like variety, as well as bands where each album is very different in theme from one to the next. It took me a while to get used to Plastic Beach, but I’m so glad I did in the end. I need to pick up The Fall still, though >.<;;
Other stuff I like: Daft Punk, The Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, Frou Frou, The Postal Service, Depeche Mode, Electric Six, Owl City, Madeon, NIN, Enigma, Enya, Rob Zombie, Jamiroquai, Madonna, and La Roux.
Q:Oh my cod when I see you at the con if you aren't busy can I sing and Dance with you!??? I highly doubt Id get up the courage so maybe a hug? XD
Certainly! I can’t see why not ^.^